Cherry GmbH (stylized as CHERRY) is an electronic switches maker. Walter Cherry founded Cherry (a company) in Highland Park, Illinois, USA. Cherry (a company) first developed its Cherry MX switches in early 1980 but started marketing them by 1985 in the keyboard market.
Cherry MX switches are mentioned by the color of the key stem (It’s the part of the switch that goes down when a key is pressed). They come in many colors like Linear Grey, Speed Silver, Clear, Natural White, Black, Green, etc.
In this blog, we are specifically talking about Cherry MX Blue: The key switch with the ideal feedback. Blue Cherry MX contains the following characteristics:
- Audible Switching
- 2.2 mm actuation point ( actuation point means when a keystroke is registered)
- 0.60 N (tactile force)
If you’re a fan of the best mechanical switches, you’re at the right place. We researched and hand-picked five best cherry MX blue keyboards. They are stylish, handy, and the best choice for immersive gaming and typing. It’s time to unleash your creativity and weaponize your gaming for never-ending fun and immersion.
What are the Five Best Cherry MX Blue Keyboards?
- ASUS RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- BOYI 61 Mini RGB Cherry MX Switch PBT Keycap 60% RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- Corsair K95 RGB Platinum XT Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- Redragon K552 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- Acer Predator Aethon 300 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Let’s start reviewing all keyboards one-by-one:
1. ASUS RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
ROG Strix Flare by ASUS is a bespoke combination of immersive gaming performance and impressive personalization. Made with German Cherry MX Blue switches, it leads to quick response for eSports enthusiasts with tactile feedback with every keystroke. Each Blue Switch gives an excellent tactile feedback when a user presses it and gives a clicky “kacakaca” sound.
This keyboard comes in black color in acrylic material and it includes ROG badge, wrist rest, extra blank badge, etc. ROG Strix Flare is an affordable Cherry MX blue keyboard with following advantages for professional gamers and typists:
- ASUS Aura Sync
- Keyboard Media controls
- Dual-textured case
- Customizable blank acrylic badge
|Item model number||ROG Strix Flare (CMB)|
|Item Weight||2.8 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||6.1 x 1.22 x 17.9 inches|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||6.1 x 1.22 x 17.9 inches|
|Manufacturer||ASUS Computer International Direct|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Date First Available||September 20, 2018|
- USB passthrough (the feature enables ROG Strix Flare to connect your gaming mouse, headset and other devices easily)
- ROG ARMOURY II (An intuitive UI) to tune ROG Strix Flare to suit your gameplay. Basically, it gives more control to you while using less system resources.
- This Cherry MX Blue Keyboard is packed with vibrant underglow: a feature to extend the lighting of the keyboard.
- I don’t see any cons in the most popular Cherry MX Blue keyboard.
2. BOYI 61 Mini RGB Cherry MX Switch PBT Keycap 60% RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
BOYI 61 Mini RGB is the vintage keyboard to enjoy the tactile and clicky feel of typing on a typewriter. You will love to use its high quality Cherry MX blue switches which comes handy in challenging gaming scenarios demanding reliability and precision. Especially, its clicking noise makes gaming and typing even more absorbing.
BOYI 61, a mini mechanical keyboard, comes with ten different RGB lighting modes, interactive BOYI customizable game mode. You will be surprised to know – BOYI 61 has 16.8 Million Color in RGB to choose for your keyboard, so that you could set an immersive and colorful ambiance while working on your important documents or playing a mind-numbing game. Following are the features of the BOYI 61 Mini RGB Cherry MX Blue:
- US layout design
- 61 mini-size keys
- Anti-ghosting keys
- Ergonomic design
- Ease of downloading lighting effects in BOYI customizable library
|Package Dimensions||12.76 x 6.54 x 1.81 inches|
|Item Weight||2.13 pounds|
|Date First Available||November 15, 2019|
- Stair-up keycap design for comfortable typing
- 85% PBT keycap for maximum durability,resistance from abrasion and dust
- Natural 4° tilt to keep your hand in a natural state for maximum comfort while working on a project or playing your favorite video games nonstop.
- 61 keys (this is only a drawback)
3. Redragon K551 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Redragon K551 mechanical gaming keyboard comes third in our list of the Five Best Cherry MX Blue Keyboards in 2022. This keyboard is vastly known for its custom mechanical switches made for longevity with precision, responsiveness and top-notch durability.
Particularly, it is a PC gaming keyboard made up of a metal alloy and keycaps are ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) constructed. The best thing about K551-RGB Redragon is molded keycaps for clear backlight and lettering that never goes off.
It is an affordable keyboard that you must order now to enjoy your most favorite PC games. You will enjoy the following features in Redragon K551 mechanical gaming keyboard:
- Splash-proof design
- 12 multimedia keys
- Non-slip ergonomic shape
- Gold-plated corrosion-free USB connector ( for a reliable connection)
|Product Dimensions||17.13 x 492.13 x 1.38 inches|
|Item Weight||2.38 pounds|
|Date First Available||September 25, 2014|
- Five different lighting modes
- Five backlight brightness level
- n-Key Rollover (for ultimate gaming performance)
- Mechanical keyboard with RGB backlighting and it’s pocket-friendly
- Durability of a whole keyboard is questionable
- If you are ardent typist, its ergonomic design will be disappointing for you
4. Das Keyboard Model S for Mac Wired Mechanical Keyboard
Want to enjoy high-end performance and soul-satisfying feelings while typing or playing interesting games? Don’t look elsewhere; Das keyboard model S for Mac is what you should buy. You will enjoy both tactile experiences; a) Click, and b) Soft – and, you’re going to love it.
If you’re a dedicated Mac user, its standard Command and Alt/Option keys, Model S of Das keyboard ensure easy access to other Mac-Specific key functions. If you’re a typist or a professional gamer, you will avail accurate tactile and audio feedback for super-fast precision while you’re executing every keystroke.
Well, these are the features that you will enjoy in one of the best Cherry MX Blue Keyboards:
- Laser-etched keycaps with Cherry MX Blue switches for maximum durability
- Gold-plated switches
- n-Key Rollover
- 2 Port USB 2.0 HUB
|Product Dimensions||18 x 6.5 x 1.5 inches|
|Item Weight||3 pounds|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Date First Available||May 23, 2012|
- USB cord is hard-wired
- Media keys
- Unsatisfactory case finish
5. Acer Predator Aethon 300 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
The last keyboard we’re going to review from our list of the five best cherry MX blue keyboards is Acer Predator Aethon 300. From a technical standpoint, it is the perfect mix of the aesthetics and technical features. Like the rest of the blue cherry MX blue keyboards such as BOYI 61 Mini or Redragon K551, you will use the best features to make your typing more clicky and noticeable.
In spite of various similarities with other Blue MX cherry keyboards, it has a few contrasting features that enables Aethon 300 by Acer to stand out in the competition of the best mechanical keyboards. If you’re an online gamer, you got your new companion: Aethon 300. Be ready, it’s about to weaponize gaming. Let’s jump into its salient features of an ultra-responsive keyboard right away:
- Teal backlit LED
- Ten preset lighting modes
- 100% anti-ghosting (this feature generates accurate performance for an immersive experience in the heat of the battle.)
|Item model number||PKB910|
|Item Weight||2.46 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||17.32 x 5.16 x 1.65 inches|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||17.32 x 5.16 x 1.65 inches|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Date First Available||July 29, 2019|
- Lighting controls are easily accessible from keyboard shortcuts ( No headache of turning to software every time.)
- Seamless N-Key Rollover
- Mechanical key switches for producing good tactile response
- Easily customizable button to set up ideal keyboard layouts as the need of games
- Sluggish software support
- Backlight gets weird
Wrap Up: Find out About Five Best Cherry MX Blue Keyboards in 2022
You can’t enjoy all-absorbing gaming and typing unless you don’t equip yourself with the right and trendy devices. That’s why, we explored and showcased the best cherry MX blue keyboards in detail with pros and cons in this blog.
They may vary in prices, features or sturdiness but one thing is common – they are clicky and tactile. If you’re looking for a keyboard to optimize your gaming ambience, don’t look elsewhere, this collection of keyboard with cherry MX switches is enough to satiate your hunger for fun-filled and engrossing gaming or for just an enjoyable typing. Well, our personal favorite keyboard is Acer Predator Aethon 300 Mechanical. What’s yours?